The History department at the High School is beginning to use the iPad learning tool to create authentic iMovies to showcase historical events as lived and told by some of our community members. This authentic approach to reliving historical events has our students really engaged in the learning process. The link above is an iMovie created by our teachers on one of our local heralded veterans. It is a big file so it may take a few minutes to download.
What is iMovie?
iMovie is a movie editing application that is part of the iLife suite of digital lifestyle applications that allows Apple Macintosh users to create movies from a number of different sources including digital video cameras, DV-encoded files, and pictures.
iMovie allows you to:
- Easily import footage from digital camcorders and still cameras (that support video capture)
- Organize your video in a central repository, across your Mac or on external hard drives
- Gather, view, edit, and share your edited movie files
- Create movie files that include music, sound effects, themes, menus, titles, transitions, and other effects
- Save your edited movies onto physical media such as a DVD, CD or as a file on a hard drive
- Share your movies on the Internet through services such as Gallery, YouTube, and personal web sites